WE DID IT!

Our 50th Reunion was wonderful! Thank you, thank you to all who came, and helped too. Many suggested that we get together again in a mere five years. Why not? We have a good working email list now, so let's try.

I will post all the bios which came in during the final week before the reunion, and if you send me photos, I'll put them up as well.

23 September 2010

More classmates getting in touch

Bob Van Derhayden and Elaine Holt


Bob VanDerhayden writes:

20 years just outside Scranton, Pennsylvania in a town called Waverly.
Love our big  old farm house... Fish in our pond. Swim in our pool,
hunt in our woods, sled on our hill and enjoy the gracious country life.

Same wife for 43 years.. the former Elaine Holt. NCHS class of 64.
3 children...4 grand children.  Own and operating 10 radio stations
in Northeast Pennsylvania and NY State.
Building a G-scale outdoor garden railroad.
Voice of the New Canaan Rams. This year will be my 52nd  !!!

Survived colon cancer, the gypsy moth infestation and most Democrats.

Still rockin' and rollin' after all these years.


Jim and Judy Johnson Corfield

So sorry I'm not going to make the reunion.  I've been in charge of a quilt show for the last two years and it's the same weekend.  I knew that when I said I'd call people. Anyway, give my regards to everyone.  I'm shocked at the number of people we have lost in the last 10 years.
My last 10 years have been glorious and challenging.  We've had two children married and now have 3 grandchildren.  It's wonderful to have 2 of them close by and calling to visit us.  We've traveled the world with the American Horticultural society as tour leaders but than came to a halt when I was diagnosed with breast cancer 3 years ago.  All is now fine and I'm back to normal.  Five years ago we decided to expand our house since we liked our neighborhood.  It was a good thing since we have first floor living and it has been needed more than once. Other than than the normal aging process and the medical problems than come with it, we've survived nicely.   I am reminded of Vance Packard's comment 10 years ago that "life is a series of inconsequential decisions."  As I think back over the flow of my life, it is really true. Career paths, where you live, close friends, all because of an inconsequential decision.
I wish you all well and hope to read about others as time draws near for the 50th.  If you have a great time, I suppose there will be more.  Keep me posted on the doings, how the events go, and any news that you hear.  Fondly,  Judy


Jan Davis and Sally Ann King
Sally's update:  
Can it possibly be 10 years since our last reunion?  After that reunion Jan Davis followed me home for a visit in Massachusetts.  We stopped along the highway and each ate two hotdogs that were being cooked and given out by local boy scouts.  Do you remember that Jan?  Well, this year we got together and the lunch was double lobsters!

Bruce and I will be married 49 years in December.  Our 9 grandchildren range in age from 5 to 20.  Eight of them are boys.  They all live in Massachusetts so we have had no great desire to move any where else. 

We have become very politically active and I had a great time working on Scott Brown’s campaign. You may recall that he took over “the people’s seat” that Ted Kennedy sat in for so many years.  Bruce likes to say that we moved here when they were importing Republicans but to be honest with you, I am more of a Tea Party grandma right now!

My mother has been living with us for the last 7 years so traveling and other neat stuff has been somewhat limited by our own choice.  She is 98 and unable to live on her own and we are happy  to be able to give her support and care at this time.  We all watch the wild turkeys (22 of them) and enjoy the deer now that they are fenced out from the gardens.  The children and grand children visit often and so our hearts are very much content to be here.






No comments: